OUR SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENT
IN PRACTICE & PRODUCT
What makes us a sustainable business?
We wouldn't have it any other way. A profound sense of connection to Nature permeates our very existence. Spending time in the wild teaches one to 'leave no trace' and it is our desire to leave everything we touch better than we found it, including you.
- We start by taking less. Recycling and re-using is extremely important, but the before that it's important to take less from the Earth. Simply buying something unsustainably produced then recycling it does not create a harmonic cycle. From our shipping supplies to our stones, we take great measures to seek out the most responsible options from the beginning without compromise to quality.
- When making any purchase, we ask 'Do we really need it?' 'Can it be recycled/reused when we no longer need it?' 'What is the carbon footprint?' and 'Is there a more Earth-friendly version of it?'
- Our studio is 100% powered by wind energy.
- We complete the cycle by repurposing and recycling everything possible in our studios & office, from office paper to food waste. One of our favorites are our paper scraps notes!
- We use the most sustainable shipping envelops, boxes, labels & tape available on the market and made in the USA with renewable energy. Our envelopes and boxes are made of 100% recycled paper and even our tape is made of plants and 100% biodegradable!
- We use sustainably grown lavender and recycled silk sari ribbon as packaging in our online orders.
How is our jewelry sustainable?
- We make everything locally, contributing to our local economy as well as reducing our carbon footprint.
- We use only natural materials in our jewelry - gemstones, silk & paper.
- Our jewelry cards are printed and cut locally on the finest sustainable papers made from things like produce waste and recycled paper cups.
- We source our materials from ethically & socially responsible suppliers.
- The flexibility designed in the adjustability of our jewelry allows for each piece to be worn more often and our re-stringing service prolongs the life of each piece.
- We are proud members of the Rainforest Alliance & the Sierra Club Foundation.
- We regularly support local charities and front line workers with donations.
- We give back with every purchase to environmental causes including One Tree Planted.